2015年9月1日火曜日

Finally, I met Gilles Peterson!


My music taste is most affected by Gilles Peterson. When I was a university student, I met an impressive tune whose title is 'Man With the Movie Camera'.


I was very moved because it is mixed analog sounds and digital sounds and they made very beautiful dramatic symphony. From that day, I dreamed I would see him some day.(Cinematic Orchestra is his band.)

And finally, my dream came true! He played hiphop, techno, funk, house, drum'n'bass, ethnic music and so on. What a wide genre! That's his style! I impressed!

Followings are a part of these songs.




But It was a shame that the sound system in the club was damned.


First, I couldn't listen the music well because of the voices of people.

After a while, it was a little improved.


There was one more problem. The pressure of people was quite strong as if it were a Japanese train at rush hour. The floor in the club was too narrow.

His play was quite nice but I wish the sound system were good and the floor were larger.


My main purpose was Gilles Peterson, but I met another DJ who played before Gilles. He was nice and very friendly.

He played wide genre of music as well. There was a tune which I didn't know and I wanted to know the title of it.

I tried to find it by using Shazam which is iPhone application, but it seemed that it wasn't in Shazam's database. So I asked him it and he told me to send e-mail. I sent him email and he let me know it.

The following is the tune.


It is so groovy! I love it. I bought the song soon.


By the way, my number of steps in this time is the following.


I danced for 5 hours both of 29th and 30th. You can find how hard drum'n'bass is. (29 Aug was drum'n'bass event.)


  • このエントリーをはてなブックマークに追加


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿